If you read Dr. Thom Rainer’s blog, you already know how beneficial it can be for ministry. If not, a recent one spoke to me.
Seven Traits of Joyful Pastors
1. They read their Bible daily. More than sermon prep; personally they need to grow and be fed.
2. They have a daily prayer time.
3. They put family time on their calendars. Spouse and children are a priority.
4. They have a long-term perspective. They see life and ministry as a marathon, not a sprint.
5. They love to work with and help other churches. Not competition, but cooperation.
6. They have a great sense of humor. Don’t take yourself too seriously.
7. They rarely blame others or their circumstances. Shed the victim mentality.
Philippians 4:4 “Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say rejoice!”