As the year comes to an end we give thanks to God for His goodness never losing sight of His grace and mercy bestowed to us in Christ. Our 100 year celebration at our annual meeting was truly a challenge to seek the Lord for wisdom as we enter our second century together. The worship was the most uplifting as we sang together. The preaching was the high point and the spirit of those attending was encouraging.
Pastor Jeff Ray shared the report of our Missions Purpose Team set up to see where we are and what we need to be focused on as an association. Note his report.
- Decreased giving of our churches has had an effect on our work.
- As we trickle down of decreased giving from the Southern Baptist Convention to the FBC and to the local association we must be more clear than ever about what we desire to accomplish.
- We, as Southern Baptists are always better collectively. This is true on every level of our existence as a denomination.
- Black Creek Baptist Association has a rich history and we want to see that history continued to be written.
- Black Creek Baptist Association is unique in its geography and its makeup of churches. Almost 3/4 of our churches are lead by bi-vocational pastors.
- Our goal is to find creative and innovative ways to bring our churches together across several counties and two states.
We know that we want to be clear on our support for churches and church staff. We know we want to determine mission opportunities for our churches to cooperate together in doing. We know we need to increase dialog between our pastors and churches, especially our bi-vocationals.
The new year presents fresh new opportunities for us to let us partner to be all God wants us to be. May this time of year be a blessing to remember that God sent forth His son to be our savior.